Monday, August 24, 2009

Is this real life?

Did you ever wake up from a dream and realize that it was real life you were dreaming in, watching your days slip by and just getting through?

Do some people live their whole lives like this?

I ran by the corn fields at the quarry and realized I hadn't listened to corn grow in a really long time. Somebody told me once that if you lie in a corn field on a hot summer day, the corn grows so fast that you can actually HEAR IT popping and cracking as it pushes skyward. Is it true? I can't remember. It's been a long time since I've laid in a corn field. Too long.

The times that I do spend doing things like laying in corn fields are usually procrastinations from "real life important duties"... you know, like laundry...? A friend of mine posted on his facebook about a retreat he had attended where he meditated in silence with 20 other people from 4am to 9pm for 10 days. (I bet he felt awake after that) . One person commented on this experience saying that he had a lot of time on his hands. His response - it's life, we have nothing BUT time. ahhhhh. epiphany. nothing BUT time. It's just how we choose to use it. This kink in my neck is making me wish I was using it to be at the massage therapist right now.

Sam is a right now kind of guy.

So, tonight perhaps Sam is in charge of the planning. Sam can decide the adventure and we will see where we end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment